Saturday, October 8, 2016

Atlas of Cape Cod

Atlas of Cape Cod

As I mentioned in an earlier post I created a collection of images in the recent years of the sunlight, falling in through windows or other 'architectural' openings. I did this in museums, art exhibitions, train stations, school buildings, apartments that I visited and the places 
I lived in the past few years. I collected those magnificent, peaceful moments of light with my camera. I gave this collection of images the (working) title; 'Atlas of Cape Cod'. It is a reference to Cape Cod, a geographic cape extending into the atlantic ocean on the northeastern part of the United States. A place that Edward Hopper, together with his wife Josephine Versatile "Jo" Hopper stayed during the summer seasons. And where Hopper painted 'Rooms By The Sea', (Oil on canvas, 74.3x101.6cm, 1951), in which we can see the sunlight as a main subject, an recurring motif within his oeuvre. 'Atlas...' also refers to enormous image collection of the German painter Gerhard Richter.

Here I show and share a first insight in my images collection, this first view contains of images recently made. 
It will probably take me a while to organize and edit all the older material as well.