Thursday, October 6, 2016

Revisited view on 'Sun in Empty Rooms' (2014)

Revisited view on 'Sun in Empty Rooms' (2014)

Still from videoinstallation 'Sun in Empty Rooms' (2014)
'Sun in Empty Rooms' is a video work I made in 2014 inspired by the american painter Edward Hopper (July 22, 1882 - May 15, 1976). The work was screened during the photo festival of Schiedam (South Holland close to Rotterdam) in 2015 and recently during the National Dutch Filmfestival in Utrecht.

Beside this video work I collected images that are very alike. I made photographs of the sunlight falling into rooms, corridors etc, through the windows and other openings in; school buildings, train stations, apartments, and my own living and working rooms which I visited during the years. This resulted into a enormous collection of images. Which I soon will share with the outer world. I am not sure yet where and to what (kind of work) these images will lead me.  But I surely will keep making images and enlarge this collection that I give 
the name 'Atlas of Cape Cod', which again is a reference to the life and work of Edward Hopper.


Soon I will share a part of this collection.
For now again a view on 'Sun in empty Rooms'